Association pour la lutte contre le Sida a.s.b.l.
Donations to this not-for-profit organisation are tax deductible
Association pour la Lutte contre le SIDA a.s.b.l
Improving the living conditions of people with AIDS
Support for research projects
Rue Haute 322 – 1000 Brussels BELGIUM
+32 2 535 41 30
ING account no: 310-0677665-12
Donations tax deductible from €30
The "Association pour la Lutte contre le SIDA" not-for-profit organisation was officially recognised by a Royal Decree published in the Moniteur belge (Official Belgian Gazette) on 1 October 1987. Its main goals are:
- Training and running a team of hospital volunteers
- Improving hospital stay conditions (redesigning spaces, occupational therapy, etc.)
- Psychological support to patients without social security benefits or who, due to their condition, are no longer able to cope with the financial burden of their disease
- Support for clinical, therapeutic and fundamental research projects.
- Prof. Nathan Clumeck: Chairman
- Prof. Stéphane De Wit: Secretary
- Dr Yves Van Laethem: Treasurer
Achievements and projects
The Association pour la Lutte contre le SIDA provides support for:
- Improving the care and comfort of both hospitalised and consulting patients through new furniture, renovations (repainting), better meals, etc.
- Training and one-to-one supervision of hospital volunteers (assisting patients and helping nurses with minor administrative tasks) by external psychologists
- Free newspapers to hospitalised patients
- Creation of educational patient groups which offer information sessions on the disease, treatments and their consequences for HIV-infected patients
- Participation in a European network for supervision and follow-up of HIV-infected teenagers.